Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Purpose: Coordinates outreach to Grinnell’s diverse alumni communities to enrich the networks of diverse alumni and students across the College.
Projects and Objectives:
- Review alumni submissions from recent survey inviting feedback on the College’s draft framework for meeting the diverse needs of our students. Consider how to operationalize alumni engagement in the important work of building an inclusive, supportive environment for students.
- Create methodology for collecting data about alumni community to drive greater diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Provide leadership for the development of activities and programs (e.g., alumni mentoring, multicultural alumni reunion) that address the unique needs of Grinnell’s diverse communities.
- Serve as a community convener for Grinnell’s diverse alumni affinity groups and as a resource to alumni and the College for celebrating diversity and promoting inclusion.
- Jayn Chaney '05 — Director of Alumni and Donor Relations
- Paige Everly — Associate Director Alumni and Donor Relations, Reunion, and Awards