Everyday Class Notes Care Packages
Join us for exciting events in 2017.
Jan. 5, 2017 — The new year is almost here and we are gearing up for the 2017 ECN Care Package project! The goal this year is to provide 1,450 packages, enough for every student on campus who wants one. If you decide to join this event, we ask you to please comply with the following guidelines:
- Let us know how many packages you plan to send (as early as you know) by signing up for this year's project.
- Include a note (with your contact information if you would like a reply).
- Refrain from sending inappropriate items (alcohol, porn, drugs, etc.).
- Arrange for your package or packages to arrive between Feb. 13 and Feb. 24, 2017:
- Baked goods should arrive toward the end of that period to help ensure freshness. It can be a good idea to mark packages with fresh baked goods so that they can be distributed early.
- Make sure to address your package to
- ECN Care Package Project, 1115 8th Ave, Grinnell, IA, 50112
- List how many packages are inside of larger boxes on the outside of the box.
Kim Hegg and the mailroom staff will process all the packages, and the Student Alumni Council and DAR are going to coordinate package storage and distribution. Distribution will take place Feb. 27–March 1.
In addition, the team at DAR is going to make it easier for students to connect with alumni by providing students with prepaid postcards. There will also be a hashtag that you can follow on Instagram and other social media. If you would like to hear from the student(s) who receive your package, please include your name and mailing address in the note.
This year we have a Facebook group dedicated to the care package project. You don't have to join any other group to join in the fun!