Class agents play a significant role for each class in promoting and sustaining relationships between classmates and the College. They are a vital part of Grinnell College’s efforts to engage the talent, passion for learning, and generosity of its alumni.
Responsibilities of a class agent:
- Foster existing connections and promote new relationships among fellow classmates, other alumni, and the College.
- Model a spirit of volunteerism and giving back to the College.
- Build and enhance alumni networking by writing class letters at least once a year.
- Attend Volunteer Weekend for essential training and College updates.
- Actively participate on the class committee by attending Reunion Planning Weekend and assisting with Reunion planning efforts for your class.
Class Agent — Al Frisbie '43
"As a class agent for the class of 1943, I strive to rekindle memories by recalling events or scenes that were common to us all during our campus days. I want classmates to remember how important and precious those days were. At the same time, I try to keep them abreast of the current Grinnell, its programs, projects, and accomplishments. Why do I do it? When you are contributing, even in a small way, to an institution like Grinnell, you can’t help feeling a little proud."
For more information about serving as a class agent, contact Molly Campe ’96, senior associate director of alumni and donor relations, at email@example.com or 641-269-3234.