Softball Alumni Reunion
Alumni, family, and friends are invited to return to campus to celebrate the 40th anniversary of softball at Grinnell. Connect with alumni and students over dinner on Friday night, and cheer on the Grinnell College softball players during their game on Saturday afternoon.
This is the same weekend as the Pioneer Women's Weekend, which celebrates women's athletics before the passage of Title IX in 1972. You are invited to join in activities for this special event, including a dinner on Saturday night.
Schedule of Events
Friday, April 21
- 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Registration. Charles Benson Bear '39 Recreation and Athletic Center lobby. Class visits will be available throughout the day; campus tours will begin at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- 4:30–6 p.m. Open team practice. Softball complex
- 6:30 p.m. Dinner with alumni, families, and students. Bear Center natatorium lobby
Saturday, April 22
- 1 p.m. Grinnell College Softball vs. Beloit College. Softball complex
- Between the games, please join us on the field for a special recognition of alumnae. You are welcome to stop by the hospitality tent during both events.
- 3 p.m. Grinnell College Softball vs. Beloit College. Softball complex
- 6 p.m. Celebrating Grinnell's Pioneer Women. Dinner, Quad
For your convenience, we have secured a discounted block of hotel rooms at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Grinnell. This rate expires April 7, 2017. To book your room, please contact the hotel directly at 641-236-5236 and indicate you are with “Pioneer Women’s Weekend” when making the reservation.
If you would like to make other arrangements, please check out a list of local accommodations.
RSVP to the Office of Development and Alumni Relations by Friday, April 7. Online: below or by phone: 866-850-1846.
Please complete the registration below.
Registration for this event has closed at this time. Thank you for your interest in attending. We hope you can make it to the next Grinnell-in-Twin Cities event.